- Opened second Northern head office – Techcombank Agile Center, 119 Tran Duy Hung Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi.
- New record profit before tax of over VND 12 trillion.
- Welcomed over 1 million new customers.
- Became the leading bank for operating efficiency, two years ahead of schedule in our 5-year plan.
- Continued to increase our regional-leading scores in Organisational Health Index (OHI) and Employee Engagement Survey (EES).
- Became Vietnam’s leading bank in terms of Visa card volume and transaction value; won seven awards from VISA – the most a Vietnam bank has ever won.
- Officially complied with Basel II on 1 July – our CAR is double that required by the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) regulations.
- Awarded Vietnam House of the Year by Asia Risk in recognition of derivative structuring capabilities, broad swap and hedge product offerings, combined with an effective internal risk management system to solve the financial needs of corporate customers of all sizes.
- Awarded Best Payments Bank in Vietnam by The Asian Banker.
- Listed on Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HoSE) – code TCB – with capitalisation of USD 6.5 billion in South East Asia’s third-largest IPO.
- Tripled charter capital to VND 34,965.9 billion.
- First private joint stock bank to make over VND 10,000 billion profit.
- Awarded leading bank in Visa (debit and credit) card transaction value by Visa International.
- Awarded Best Bank in Vietnam by EuroMoney and Best Trade Finance Bank in Vietnam by Global Banking and Finance Review.
- Received Standard and Poor’s highest credit rating in Vietnam.
- Maintained double profit growth rate with VND 8,036 billion profit before tax; ranked by The Asian Banker as Vietnam’s second most profitable bank with over 5 million customers.
- Leading Vietnamese bank for VISA transaction value.
- Market leader for bancassurance, through strategic cooperation with top insurance firm, Manulife.
- Voted by Techcombank employees as having the best HR and most engaged employees (Employee Engagement Survey), and as the second-best place to work in Vietnam’s banking and finance sector.
- Held the inaugural Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon – an event to help us connect with and contribute to our community.
- Launched our highly successful 2016–2020 strategy to be Vietnam’s #1 bank and lead the financial lives of our millions of customers.
- Doubled 2015 profit.
- Awarded Best Bank in Vietnam by Finance Asia, Vietnam House of the Year from Asia Risk and Enterprises, with Excellent HR Policies at the Vietnam HR Awards.
2011Vietnam’s second largest joint stock bank by network scale – 307 branches and total assets of VND 180 trillion.
2012Vietnam’s leading online bank – bringing our cardless ATM service to over 2.8 million customers.
- Confirmed as Vietnam’s leading bank for service quality, with 23 prestigious local and foreign awards from Global Finance, IFC and Finance Asia.
- The reliable choice for 3.7 million individuals and 48,000 corporates.
2015Top 2 bank with 4.2 million customers and largest Visa transaction value.
- 1993Established with chartered capital of VND 20 billion.
2001Globus, our launch core banking system, complied with international standards.
2003Participated in global card payment system via F@stAccess – Connect 24.
2006Reached over USD 1 billion in total bank assets – an important milestone.
- Founded Smartlink, Vietnam’s largest card alliance.
- Launched the Techcombank Visa credit card.
- Became a leading joint stock commercial bank – VND 5,400 billion chartered capital.
- Total assets of VND 95,000 billion.
- First Vietnamese bank to cooperate with leading global strategic consultant McKinsey.
2010Winner of many global awards, including EuroMoney’s Best Bank in Vietnam.